Yebo - Joey and the Deltones



In a way, this song kind of represents me at my best. It is a snapshot of me at my most idealistic, dreamy, and hopeful.

Friday, April 20, 2007

What is a blog?


I haven't the slightest idea, to be honest. However, a number of people have approached me, asking if I was going to set one up before I blast off for my 2 year stint over in Africa.

This "blog" is an attempt at keeping those of you who actually read blogs informed about some of what will be going on in my life for the next 2 years. How long it will last is anyone's guess.

To catch anyone/everyone up, starting July 16, 2007, I will be heading off for South Africa for 27 months to start my training to be a Peace Corps Volunteer. One of the biggest reasons I decided to apply for the Peace Corps can be seen in the picture nearby.

Really, that's all I have to say about that right now. I'm going to be experimenting with how this "blog" works.

I actually very strongly dislike the word "blog". It just sounds pretentious.

Anyway.

See a.

-Joey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll be thinking of you Yebo.

Be strong. Make change. Stay well.