Yebo - Joey and the Deltones



In a way, this song kind of represents me at my best. It is a snapshot of me at my most idealistic, dreamy, and hopeful.

Sunday, May 27, 2007

The Attic Fan

It's humid outside. Humid to the point of me wanting to take off all my clothes and lay perfectly still in an armchair of my choosing... not a leather one though. Of course, most of my summers are spent with me wearing as few clothes as possible, which is nothing unusual for those who have known me for any warm part of the year. But that's not the point.

A quick note I just wanted to write down which amused me is the following:

Last nite around 4 am my mother came into my room, stood by the side of my bed and with her eyes still mostly closed she said in a very delirious tone,

"Joey.... Joey..."

"What?" I responded.

"I just wanted to let you know that I'm turning on the attic fan - I didn't want it to wake you up."

I'll let that sink in for a second.....

You may be wondering - was he dreaming this? Well, that's exactly what I was wondering. But sure enough, I confronted my mother about this encounter today, and she got a kick out of it, because she does remember it happening, and I think only after I confronted her about it, did she realize the silliness of the entire situation. Then again, it took me about that long to process it as well. We make a good team.

I recently got sponge balls from a magic shop and they are my new favourite things in the world. They are green. I should probably get some more.

My eyes are tired. It's time to hit "the sack" as they say.

Oh, actually, before I go, if anyone is reading this, have you seen the movie "Waterworld" with Kevin Costner? It was on Bravo last nite and I only saw a little of it, and I don't remember if it was really really awesome, or really really terrible. Can anyone refresh my memory?

Goodnire.

...Means "Goodnite" if you can't say your T's.

4 comments:

Erikk said...

Waterworld - Historically terrible.

Kimberly said...

haha, Waterworld...well, it earned a 5.4 out of 10 rating on IMDb, which is pretty pathetic. I, perhaps wisely, chose never to expose myself to said film. But if you're craving a Kevin Costner classic, try Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, JFK, or even Dances with Wolves.

GlobetrottingMedic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GlobetrottingMedic said...

I didn't see the whole thing, but I heard it was as much of a failure as I'd be in a swimsuit competition. However, I KNOW it's got to be better than some of the movies I've been forced to watch in India - and NO I don't mean Bali-wood movies... AMERICAN MOVIES!